49ers & Raiders Super Bowl Champions Will Sign Autographs at “Kickoff to 50” – Football fans can celebrate the start of the NFL season and experience the NFL’s build toward Super Bowl 50 in the San Francisco Bay Area at “Kickoff to 50 Presented by Hyundai” from Pier 35 to Justin Herman Plaza on Wednesday, Sept. 9 from noon to 10 p.m. PT and Thursday, Sept. 10 from noon to 5:30 p.m. PT. Fan experiences are free and open to the public.
Fans are encouraged to check-in at events with Fan Mobile Pass for the chance to win a new Tucson, tickets to Super Bowl 50 or a Raiders or 49ers prize pack! Elements featured include sponsor activations, promotions and array of interactive fan opportunities.
Examples of fan experiences are detailed below.
- The Vince Lombardi Trophy: Celebrate Super Bowl history and take a photo with the Vince Lombardi Trophy.
- Greetings from Kickoff to 50: Fans can choose their favorite San Francisco 49ers or Oakland Raiders image and take a commemorative photo.
- Hyundai Fieldhouse: Visit the Hyundai Fieldhouse to enter the sweepstakes for an all-new 2016 Tucson. Fans have the opportunity to take a photo for the Hyundai video board and receive co-branded Hyundai and NFL merchandise.
- SNICKERS: Stop by SNICKERS to make your own short-form video to share with your friends and to sample their new “Hunger Bars.”
- On the 50 Display: Fans can celebrate Super Bowl by taking a photo with the ‘On the 50’ display.
- NFL Draft Set: Fans have the opportunity to go behind the Draft podium with their favorite team’s No. 1 jersey for a photo.
- NFL Training Camp: Fans may race through a series of obstacles and train like the pros.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame Exhibit: Take a photo with the busts of Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers greats including MARCUS ALLEN, TIM BROWN, WILLIE BROWN, HOWIE LONG, CHARLES HALEY, JOE MONTANA,JERRY RICE and STEVE YOUNG.
- Gear Up & Go: Kids can try on Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers equipment.
- NFL Return to Glory: Adults and children can experience the sensation of fielding a booming punt launched from an automatic machine.
- San Francisco 49ers Gold Rush Cheerleaders: Meet and take a photo with the Gold Rush on Wednesday from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. and Thursday from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- San Francisco 49ers Niner Noise Drumline: Listen to the drumbeats of the Niner Noise on Wednesday from 12:00 p.m. – 2 p.m. and Thursday from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Raider Nation on Location (RNOL): The Raider Nation on Location (RNOL) program brings The Oakland Raiders into communities throughout California. The Raiderettes will make an appearance on Wednesday from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. and Thursday from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Raider Rusher, the Oakland Raiders mascot, will make an appearance on Wednesday from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Thursday from 2:00 p.m. 0-4:00 p.m.
- Kickoff to 50 Autograph Stage: Get free autographs from current and former NFL players.
Below is a sampling of former players who will be in attendance and signing autographs. Schedule and players listed below subject to change.
Wednesday, Sept. 9
- Ricky Watters (12:30-2:00 p.m.)
- Willie Brown (12:30-2:00 p.m.)
- Mack Strong (2:00-3:30 p.m.)
- Lorenzo Neal (2:00-3:30 p.m.)
- Charles Haley (5:00-6:30 p.m.)
- Guy McIntyre (5:00-6:30 p.m.)
- Cliff Branch (6:30-8:00 p.m.)
- Jim Plunkett (6:30-8:00 p.m.)
- Marcel Reece (8:00-9:30 p.m.)
Thursday, Sept. 10
- Roger Craig (12:30-2:00 p.m.)
- Fred Biletnikoff (12:30-2:00 p.m.)
- Takeo Spikes (2:00-3:30 p.m.)
- Ted Hendricks (2:00-3:30 p.m.)
- John Taylor (3:30-5:00 p.m.)
- Raymond Chester (3:30-5:00 p.m.)